samwoo

Wiki Markup [Quote]  

2 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of this idea?

• Good idea
    • Bad idea
    • Good idea, but I won't use it

Hi,

We have a Wiki Markup for [ code ], but i'm just wondering if we could have one for [ quote ] ?

So what i was thinking was having some options available..

Simple Quote:
To simply put text in a nicely formatted text box, if you are quoting a message from someone, say from Skype for Business or when responding to an email they sent into Hornbill etc.

[ quote ]
[ /quote ]

Simple Quote with free text:
To simply put text in a nicely formatted text box along with another box on top to include the custom text, if you are quoting a message from someone, say from Skype for Business or when responding to an email they sent into Hornbill etc.

[ quote text="Message from Bob" ]
[ /quote ]

[ quote text="Question 1" ]
[ /quote ]

[ quote text="Question 2" ]
[ /quote ]

[ quote text="Victor" ]
[ /quote ]

Quote from timeline
I think I raised this already in another post somewhere on the forums but the ability to quote a timeline post which can be directed to the Email functionality, Comment functionality or Update Timeline funcitonality.

This would populate with the name of the user we are quoting, the time and date etc.

Just throwing this out there as I am currently using

[ code ]
[ /code ]

To quote people and it isn't very pretty or easy to read. And with the inclusion of being able to send Wiki Markup formatting via emails, this is quite important for when a customer comes to read it via email or the Portal.

Thanks,

Samuel

@samwoo [ blockquote ] is already supported, although not with the ability to add text as you've put it. Will mention it to the relevant team and see if it's something we could consider.

Just now, Chaz said:

@samwoo [ blockquote ] is already supported, although not with the ability to add text as you've put it. Will mention it to the relevant team and see if it's something we could consider.

OMG I had no idea *gasp* :o - it looks gooood.

I was just looking at the Wiki Markup document on the Wiki and it's not there, hidden feature? :P

Are there any other new Wiki Markup codes that are not showing on the Wiki?

Many thanks,

Samuel

1 hour ago, Daniel Dekel said:

@samwoo, with Timeline I understand, but email... would that be similar to "share"? it will open a new email popup with the comment or post you wanted to quote?

I guess what I meant to say was to be able to "reply" to an email a customer may have sent that was applied to a ticket via email routing, or a customer timeline update. I'm just thinking about how this would work with existing email templates or snippets...

How about having it so against a post in the timeline where if post = "Email Routing" OR post = "Customer Update" then add an option to "Reply" to it from within the post itself.

We could then also define snippets the same way we do normally, but with the inclusion of having a variable to pull the content of the Post in the Timeline into it.

A similar thing could be applied to Workspace Comments where a user can quote what someone has said and it automatically encloses their response in a [ blockquote ]

I hope i'm making sense, i've been rewriting this for 10 mins :O

Thanks,

Samuel

• 1 month later...

Hi @Daniel Dekel,

I've been using the blockquotes quite a lot, it really makes the information more readable.

However it doesn't seem to cater for gaps between paragaphs / sentences... see below:
before_quote.png.4de97d2841ce7ab59d99ee26f89d5c60.png

becomes
after_quote.png.1f4015c7325a3d3973d1d841d2ca1c47.png

On another note, I wondered if blockquotes in emails could be looked at as well as it shows the text as it is inputted, and not the text as it's formatted.

Many tanks,

Samuel

• WiKi mark-up now accepts properties for Bloackquote. actor and date. usage: [blockquote|actor:Daniel|date:2015-03-06T16:46:08Z]some text[/blockquote]

Oh yes and another thing, can this information be added to the Wiki as well?

• 4 years later...

Hi @Daniel Dekel,

I know this is an old post... but I had been trying to find out what properties blockquote would take, as the Wiki hasn't been updated to include this.

Please can |actor:   and |date:   properties be described on the Wiki Markup page?

Thanks,

Samuel