Limited Display Columns when viewing 'All Assets'

dwalby

Hi all,

I've noticed that when viewing 'All Assets' essential columns such as 'Model' and 'Serial Number' are missing from the available Display Columns. They are however visible when viewing the specific asset type, i.e. 'Computer Peripheral'. Is this by design?

It'd be helpful to be able to perform a search of serial or model when viewing 'All Assets' - if possible could this be a feature request?

Thanks

Guest NadeemMazhar

Hi @dwalby

A member of our development team can jump in to discuss the feature request for adding additional fields to be displayed within the Display Columns in the Asset List.

You can use the global search bar in the application to search a serial model or model and this will bring up the specific result or a subset of data which contains your search parameter. In my example below, I want to search for the model 'iPhone 5' and entering this criteria in the search bar brings up all the iPhone 5 models in my database:

iphone.jpg

Thanks

Nadeem

Hi @dwalby

yes, this is by design.

If 'Model' and 'Serial Number' are additional properties, for example only for 'Computer Peripheral' assets, then they do not appear in the list for "All Assets";  you need to select the class "Computer Peripheral".

Every asset class may have a different set of additional properties, so in the view "All Assets" would be impractical  to display  all the additional properties for all the asset classes, most of them would be empty if the property does not relate to the class of the particular asset.

As @NadeemMazhar suggest, you can use either the global search, or the quick filter in the asset list page as long as you select the relevant asset class.

Regards,

Armando