Issue using Sub Status in My Dashboard Charts

Keith

We are using sub statuses extensively and I was very pleased to see the ability to use sub status as an axis in my dashboard reporting. However, as some of our sub statuses are defined at a service level they appear to repeat when charting by sub status. Is there any way to overcome this?

59c8fbb565f7d_substatus.jpg.9842ad3c9e9ac09b94f0e688d8f16af1.jpg

Regards

Keith

Hi Keith, 

Thanks for your post.  The development team are looking into this.

I just wanted to confirm a couple of things.  If we look the "User Testing" sub-status,  are these both defined at the service level for two different services or is one a global sub-status?  

For the results, are you expecting "User Testing" to have a single entry with a total of 10 or would you like to maintain the two entries but with more descriptive labels so you can identify the difference? Or is one of these showing when it shouldn't be?

Regards,

James

Hi @James Ainsworth

In the case of the duplicated entires in my chart examples both are defined at the service level. However there are other statuses in the chart which are defined at a global level i.e. Waiting Customer and In Process.

I would expect to see one entry for a total of 10 as you outline. 

Another issue with the duplication is that the drill down for these does not work. It always seem to drill down into the second of the options, so in the case of User Testing always shows the same two results (never the eight). 

Hope this answers your questions.

Regards

Keith

• 1 month later...

Hi @Keith

At the moment for the grouping, the display is using the ID's of each sub-status to report on rather than the label.  ID's are commonly used so that we can also cater for translations on the labels.  There may also be valid reasons for keeping a global sub-status separated from a service based sub-status if the same label is used but they are actually two separate items that need reporting on, reporting by label will make this a challenge.  

We will continue to look into alternatives on how we might work with these charts.  We are also investigating the drill down issue that you mentioned.

Regards,

James

Hi @James Ainsworth, thanks for following up on this.

Good to hear that the drill should be fixed before too long.

As for the grouping of sub-status labels, that sounds like more of an issue. I totally understand why you might use the sub status ID. However, that's problem for us ( and I would think others) where you have a sub-status that is NOT global but may cover say 50% of services. That means all sub status reporting will have what look like duplicate entries. 

I would really appreciate if we can find some solution to group these sub statuses.

Thanks

Keith 

Hi Keith,

We are still looking into options for the display on the charts.  We want to maintain the existing functionality for those customers that want to work with the IDs and we need to consider translations.  Possibly not a simple change, but we will look to see how we can approach this.

Regards,

James

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Keith,

The development team have completed a fix for the drill down issue and they have also included an experimental setting "app.experimental.mergeDuplicateDashboardDataRows" which you will be able to enable in Administration under Home->Service Manager->Settings which will merge the global and service level sub-statues which are of the same name.

This should be available in the next update of Service Manager.

Regards,

James