Custom Form unable to update Label information

William Weiszbrod

Hello, 

We just went live today with our demo site and we have an issue with custom form fields not updating the label name, we are able to confirm in the Hornbill test site that we can change the label name and it reflects it in the progressive capture.

Below is a screen capture showing the label being test3 the immediate following image is a newly opened and logged in browser navigating through the progressive capture, as seen in the second screen shot it still shows the generic label information. As a side note we can update the Description of the field without any issue.

capture1.thumb.png.29ae509a3fff3619bf23312df2721067.png

capture2.png.e6d0e51936959aa082a45ef4acaefe10.png

Any ideas? am I missing something? Thanks!

Hi @William Weiszbrod

Can you confirm which language being used for the user that is being used to view the Progressive Capture form in your second image?  There are two ways to change the language for a user.  One is by selecting the language in the Profile Menu. If you set the language in the Profile menu, this is only a temporary change for the session.  It will revert back to the language set in their profile settings if you log out and back in again.

profilemenulanguage.png

Because the fields are displaying (en-GB) it suggests that this user is logged in using English (British).

The other way to set the language for the user is within the Profile settings.  Unlike the option through the Profile menu, this will be maintained each time the user logs in.  To change this you can login as that user in the main client and from the Profile Menu in the top right click on the cog icon.  This will give you the following window where you can set the Language.

Profilelanguagesetting.png 

As an Administrator you can also change the language for a user within the Administration console.  To do this, navigate to System->Organizational Data->Users.  Locate the user that you would like to set the language to change the language field under regional settings to the desired language.  The user will need to logout and back in again for this to apply.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

James

Hi James Ainsworth

Thanks for the information, so I updated my language to English(Americas) and sure enough everything started coming up, i'm unsure why this would make a difference. Based on what I'm seeing now I have to make a specific label for each language? Can I not set a default label and if needed change it to language specific? We have multiple languages that could be selected and it would be rather time consuming initially to setup each region with its specific label.

I appreciate your assistance.

Hi James Ainsworth 

Good to know and was easy enough to test, however this does raise some concerns. As an example say I set my language to Chinese and created a progressive capture with a custom form, I was able to determine that my selected language dictates the custom forms language. This means only people with Chinese will see the labels I made unless I happen to think ahead and change the language to English(British), which seems a bit convoluted though as a work around I could just make sure everyone who can make progressive captures is set to English(British).

In any event I appreciate all your help in clearing this up! Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/09/2017 at 11:56 PM, William Weiszbrod said:

as a work around I could just make sure everyone who can make progressive captures is set to English(British)

@William Weiszbrod what about your Chinese colleagues then? :) If a user with Chinese creates a custom field, with a custom label, any user with Chinese as language will see that custom label, the English version will be "Field X" (e.g. "Field 1 (en-GB)", "Field 2 (en-GB)", etc.). This is true for any other languages.

When creating custom fields in ProCap, when you have users with different languages you would always make sure you create separate custom labels for each language in the field configuration. During configuration, even if you set the default field language to English (bypassing user default language) you would encounter the same issue for non-English users... I don't think there is a quick win here I'm afraid :(