'On Call' phone workflow/notification

Martyn Houghton

Are any of you using systems to deal with notifying staff who are 'on call' , i.e. not logged into Hornbill, that an out of hours high priority call has come in.

Ideally we want to be able to trigger a workflow that would determine who is on call, call the analyst to play a recorded message who then presses a key to confirm they received it or this step repeats two further times, before escalating to the next person on call etc.

As this could be in the middle of the night, we need something more than just a email/SMS and need positive feedback to confirm that the message has been received not just gone to voicemail etc.

It would be great to be able to do this with the integration bridge, but at the moment I trying to determine if people are using existing services/systems to achieve this already.

Cheers

Martyn

Hi Martyn,

The problem with any kind of notification, even if its a voice dailer is that people can leave their phone down stairs or turn on silent mode or as you have identified don't hear an SMS notification.  

VOIP services have this capability which could be integrated with.  However, just a wild idea for you... 

One solution I have seen work well for this, is to use one of those 24/7 outsourced service call centers but use them in reverse.  Instead of the contact centre being called by the customer, your automation sends them an email, they raise something on their own systems from that, the email contains your current on call roster and the instructions, the job of the callcenter is for a real person to make calls and contact a person directly, they can then report back and confirm (service portal link or something similar in the email), who they have contacted. That way, like an emergency service there is no room for error and you have a human intelligence confirming things are done as required.   

Gerry