Outbound Email IP

Michael Sharp

Hi, I've tried to contact our account rep regarding the configuration of outbound emails without response.  Our third party email service is asking if the source IP supplied is not shared with any other organisations?  I would presume the IP is static also.

Regards,

Mike.

Hi Michael,

Your account rep would not be available at this time in the UK.

In answer to your question, all email comes out of a single IP address, we do not provide private IP's per instance, thats not how our network functions. It works more like a GMail or Office365 where email for all customers emanate from a number of known fixed IP addresses.  

[edit[] yes, the IP is static, however we do not guarantee that would always be the same IP address. Its a bad idea to lock down email traffic by IP address, instead you might want to suggest to your email provider that they use SPF to verify email is originating from domain authorised servers, thats the correct way to do things now days. 

Hope that helps

Gerry

@Michael Sharp

You mentioned you were unable to get hold of your account rep, can I ask who and how you tried to contact them?  

I ask because I just wanted to clarify with you - having looked up your instance support details I can see your organisation has not taken up any support options which means the support entitlement for your instance is community support only, there is no direct route to our support team.  Of course if their is any service availability problem you do have direct access to our global 24x7x365 support team.

You will find all of this information when you use our support point of entry here: https://www.hornbill.com/support/ Once you provide your specific details you would see page below ...

The active support plan for your instance is shown where the red arrow is pointing.  The support options available to you are shown in the red box.  If there was any issues detected by the service availability check you would have an addtional option to contact our 24x7x365 support team.  

Regards

Gerry
Hornbill_Contact_Support.jpg

6 minutes ago, Gerry said:

@Michael Sharp

You mentioned you were unable to get hold of your account rep, can I ask who and how you tried to contact them?  

I ask because I just wanted to clarify with you - having looked up your instance support details I can see your organisation has not taken up any support options which means the support entitlement for your instance is community support only, there is no direct route to our support team.  Of course if their is any service availability problem you do have direct access to our global 24x7x365 support team. You will find all of this information when you use our support point of entry here: https://www.hornbill.com/support/ Once you provide your specific details you would see page below ...

The active support plan for your instance is shown where the red arrow is pointing.  The support options available to you are shown in the red box.  If there was any issues detected by the service availability check you would have an addtional option to contact our 24x7x365 support team.  

Regards

Gerry
Hornbill_Contact_Support.jpg

Hi @Gerry, thanks for the info.  I hadn't appreciated the answer to my questions were on the Wiki.

Do you know any customers that wouldn't mind speaking to me who use Mimecast in this way?

Regards,

Mike.

Hi Mike,

I do not know anyone specifically using Mimecast, I imagine there are customers that do though, perhaps someone will chime in.   The question they are asking seems very odd though so I would go back to them and point them at this thread.

Gerry