Full Access or Custom Role

Keith

I have a group of analysts that we want to have access to the following functions:

Change Priority

Cancel request

Change SLA

I believe that these can all be achieved via giving them the role Incident Management Full Access. However I am nervous as to what else this might enable. 

Can someone advise what else would be exposed beyond the Incident Management User role. Or alternatively advise what would be needed in a custom role to provide the above. 

Thanks

Keith

Guest Ehsan

Hi @Keith,

Hope you're doing well!

Perhaps the easiest way to distinguish between Incident Management User and Incident Management User Full Access is to take a look at the Application Rights tab. The labels in each section (e.g. Service Desk & Self Service) will describe the type of access that an analyst is granted. For example, "Cancel Incidents" can only be performed by an analyst who is associated the Incident Management User Full Access role. This principle applies to other Request Types too.

Screen Shot 2017-07-06 at 12.21.15.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-06 at 12.21.27.png

Guest Ehsan

In relation to the right that governs changing a Service Level, the outcome of the following conversation should help.

Hi @Ehsan thanks for the quick reply. 

I did look at the application rights but was struggling to understand what was controlling the priority change. Is that simply the Update Incidents rights?

Guest Ehsan

@Keith There is no Application Right associated to changing the priority. An analyst who can view and update a Request can change the priority. However, this logic does not apply to changing Service Levels (i.e. Corporate SLAs) where you'll need "Administer Service Desk" Application Right to do so, which is currently provided with the "Service Desk Admin" role although the link to the forum post that I mentioned above, is around providing a new Application Right to do so, so I would wait for that conversation to progress.