Polling option

Lyonel

Hi,

This might sound like a stupid idea or maybe I simply missed something but is it possible to submit a poll as part of a question / post on a workspace or personal buzz?

That would be a great way for me (as an admin) to collect information and feedback from my colleagues about Hornbill as well as any other topics? It would also encourage people to use Workspaces a bit more...

Let me know what you think :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Hi Lyonel,

Thanks for your post.  It's not possible at the moment to have a poll as part of the question feature.  It is something that has come up before and discussed a few times here at Hornbill.  I think it is a good idea.   I will ask about and see if there is anything in the plans for providing this type of feature. 

Regards,

James

Hi @Gerry,

So far what I have in mind is about gather feedback from our analysts on the relevance of the BPMs implemented (suggesting improvements as a poll), dashboards / slideshows / reports they would like to see (again, provide a list of reports as poll answers), Organizing team events (via team workspaces), gathering number of people interested in a particular feature improvement (so that I can back up my requests to you with numbers), experiences faced with customers (good or bad) and random technical quizz for my team to challenge them mentally on some aspects of our daily job.

Note that this list is not exhaustive but reflects pretty much the wide range of polls I would submit on posts if I had the possibility to do so :) I hope it answers your question Gerry? If not, let me know :D

@Lyonel

Yes thats a good outline thanks.  One of our devs has already looked at something like this, a free app that when installed from the Hornbill AppStore will extend the system to include surveys/polling which apart from other things can be embedded in posts, I would envisage with the seamless integration you could simply post a poll right from within a workspace.  One of our developer innovation days involved something like this so we probably have a foundation to build on. Anyway, its on the agenda to look at so watch this space.

Gerry 

• Like 1