Email Ticket Detail Automatically

ljbrown

Hi all,

I would like to know if it is possible to automate the sending of an entire call ticket including the capture questions to individuals who do not have access to Hornbill. We have a requirement where other departments need to receive details of new starter requests and ideally I would like to automate the sending of this information within the BPM.

At the moment the only way to achieve this I think would be to manually print the call ticket to PDF and email this across.

If anyone has any suggestions on how else this can be done I'd be most grateful to hear from you.

Thanks,

Lucy

1 hour ago, ljbrown said:

Hi all,

I would like to know if it is possible to automate the sending of an entire call ticket including the capture questions to individuals who do not have access to Hornbill. We have a requirement where other departments need to receive details of new starter requests and ideally I would like to automate the sending of this information within the BPM.

At the moment the only way to achieve this I think would be to manually print the call ticket to PDF and email this across.

If anyone has any suggestions on how else this can be done I'd be most grateful to hear from you.

Thanks,

Lucy

Hi Lucy,

I have raised the same (or similar) request here:

Hopefully this idea can be made possible.

Thanks,

Samuel

Hi @ljbrown

Using email templates you should be able to include most the information from a request using request variables including any data which is held in the custom fields of the request.

If you are gathering new starter info in progressive capture custom forms, you can map the answers provided to these questions into the custom fields of the request and then include the custom fields as variables in to an email template, which you can then fire to any email address from within a BPM.

So firstly, in the Progressive Capture designer you can map the answers of custom form questions to custom fields as covered here:

https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Progressive_Capture_Designer

Specially the Mapping Fields from custom forms and within this, Using Custom Questions and Answers in Email Templates & Measures

The other option is to write the answers from custom forms, into the description field of a request - but the above is probably more usable, but for information purposes this is covered here.

https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Request_Variables

Now you can include custom information about the New Start into custom fields, you can create an email template which includes data from standard fields and the data held in custom fields:

An example below:

Screen Shot 2017-04-05 at 14.58.42.png

Once you have the template you can automate this from a business process to any defined email address like below:

Screen Shot 2017-04-05 at 15.01.58.png

Now this would not include the timeline information of the ticket but should include all key information held in default fields, and any information you have mapped from custom questions, or added manually to custom fields

Hope this helps

Steve