Hornbill AAD Get Manager Details

Lee C

Hi All

I just watched a Hornbill academy live video, the presenter mentioned you can use a cloud automation node to pull line manager details and then have it send an email for authorization to them (we are using Azure AD already synced with Hornbill)

Currently i am using the external auth node to email the line manager from Hornbill, i cant seem to find any information how i can get Hornbill in a workflow to pull line manager details from Azure AD so it will send an email to them, can anyone advise how i would set this up please?

Hi

My Hornbill instance is synced with AAD, Does anyone know how i would configure a workflow to go into AAD and fetch the users line manager email address so i can then set a node to email said manager?

Thanks!

The Azure Import Utility can sync-in users' line managers from AAD so they are then stored in your instance against the users' profile. The Get Customer Details node then gets Manager Name and Manager ID of the person who is the Request Customer. In our instance the Manager ID is the email address; else use that Manager ID to do a second Get Customer lookup to obtain the manager's email address (&[global["flowcoderefs"]["getCustomerInformation"]["primaryEmailAddress"]]). So thinking you don't need to go into AAD for this.