Service requests picking up Incident Service Level

Lee C

Hi, Im sure someone will know the answer to this :)

I have a service request catalog item using a workflow that sets the Priority to 3, it sets the priority ok but it applies the incident SLA P3 and doesnt start response and resolve timers, first ive encountered this, ive also noticed this happens for any service request form inside this same service (at this point i dont know if it does it in every other service, my workflow is below and i have a get request details node right at the start.

At moment i have had to setup a rule so the catalog item picks up the service request SLA which is not ideal but its something. I have seen a node for updating the service level and service level agreement but i cant get this on the workflow so it auto changes it from incident SLA to service request SLA, im not sure why its behaving like this in the first place service requests picking up incident SLAs?

image.png.61246bc310bb7b04e030fdf8307d96b1.png

Hi Lee,

Thanks for your post.  It can be tough to have an idea what is happening without taking a look at the whole picture.  However, I will try to provide a few options to consider.  You may have looked into these already, but do let us know if any of these help or if you are still having problems after checking these out.  

1. In the workflow above the Start Response Timer and Start Resolve Timer come before the setting of the priority.  The Service Level targets will be set as soon as these timers start.  If you have a rule that is looking to set a target based on priority, you should be able to move the setting of the priority before the starting of the timers.

2. If you have some rules set up, but none of the rules match, no service level is applied, and therefore the timers wouldn't start.  

3. There is a workflow node that will automatically re-assess the service level target. If there is any change in priority or other criteria that you use within the rules for setting the service levels, this will re-apply the new targets.

image.png

4. When there is more than one Service Level Agreement available to a Service, you must provide a rule to make sure the correct Service Level Agreement is applied.

5. When there is more than one Service Level on a Service Level Agreement, you must provide a rule to make sure that the correct Service Level is applied.

6. Both Service Level Agreement rules and Service Level rules are applied in the order that they are listed.  You need to make sure that the criteria for a rule at the top of the list doesn't match something that you are expecting to be picked up by a rule further down the list.

9 hours ago, James Ainsworth said:

Hi Lee,

Thanks for your post.  It can be tough to have an idea what is happening without taking a look at the whole picture.  However, I will try to provide a few options to consider.  You may have looked into these already, but do let us know if any of these help or if you are still having problems after checking these out.  

1. In the workflow above the Start Response Timer and Start Resolve Timer come before the setting of the priority.  The Service Level targets will be set as soon as these timers start.  If you have a rule that is looking to set a target based on priority, you should be able to move the setting of the priority before the starting of the timers.

2. If you have some rules set up, but none of the rules match, no service level is applied, and therefore the timers wouldn't start.  

3. There is a workflow node that will automatically re-assess the service level target. If there is any change in priority or other criteria that you use within the rules for setting the service levels, this will re-apply the new targets.

image.png

4. When there is more than one Service Level Agreement available to a Service, you must provide a rule to make sure the correct Service Level Agreement is applied.

5. When there is more than one Service Level on a Service Level Agreement, you must provide a rule to make sure that the correct Service Level is applied.

6. Both Service Level Agreement rules and Service Level rules are applied in the order that they are listed.  You need to make sure that the criteria for a rule at the top of the list doesn't match something that you are expecting to be picked up by a rule further down the list.

Thanks @James Ainsworth this makes sense! yes under this service particularly i have the incident and service request SLA linked and i think thats why its picking up the incident SLA on everything, i have set rules up by request category to pick up incident SLA for incident and SR SLA for the service request forms, this actually solved the issue :)