Task assignment error

Lee C

Hi

Searched high and low for an answer for this, i have created a human task on a workflow, when the ticket raises in hornbill the task will not generate due to the below error, anyone know how to fix this please? i have tried this task on both triage and fulfilment stage and both times it errors

I have set this up identical to another workflow that has a human task on it, its like it doesnt know who to assign it to i guess? i want the task to assign to whoever takes ownership of the ticket.

In the 2nd screenshot i have set the task assignment to both owner and owner for tasks variable but it still brings up same error.

image.png.7c10aa1648b27eac0e37653edc3b71bf.png

image.png.44b7eb1c4ae8c78b306ccb0986ca5d21.png

image.png.94ae9e5a05948ddb5e175e58e8dd9f47.png

3 minutes ago, Lee C said:

i want the task to assign to whoever takes ownership of the ticket.

Firstly, check you used "Owner (For Tasks)" as the variable - it appears that you did from the next image, but a second check never hurts.

Assuming that you have the correct variable, this is almost certainly that the Request does not have an Owner at the point where the Task is created.

11 minutes ago, Steve Giller said:

Firstly, check you used "Owner (For Tasks)" as the variable - it appears that you did from the next image, but a second check never hurts.

Assuming that you have the correct variable, this is almost certainly that the Request does not have an Owner at the point where the Task is created.

Yeah i tried it with owner for tasks as well, same error, this is the flow, im not sure its down to no owner assigned as i originally had the flow to auto assign to a 1st line analyst before the human task so i tried something different below where it suspends waiting for an owner and once assigned i thought the task would create

ive set this up identical to another workflow where this works so im stumped...

image.png.aac457e4299de861a7f664b6b2faf8b1.png

Try putting a Get Request Details node immediately before the Task so that any changes in the Request state are up to date.

Additionally, check that the Owner has "Assign Task" and "View Task" set in the relevant Team settings.

12 minutes ago, Steve Giller said:

Try putting a Get Request Details node immediately before the Task so that any changes in the Request state are up to date.

Additionally, check that the Owner has "Assign Task" and "View Task" set in the relevant Team settings.

Thanks very much @Steve Giller the get request details node did the trick!

• Like 1