Workflow fail

Lee C

Hi

i saw a previous post showing the same error, i have my auto task set up which runs from the custom button however it fails when i run it from a request with the below error, it looks like its failing in the email user part of the flow as it doesnt carry on setting the categories, whats strange is that i still get the actual email so i dont know why the process fails, anyone seen this?

I think its failing from this node setup but the email template im asking it to send still sends! FYI the custom button runs smoothly without the email notification node, what have i done wrong?

The system timeline update i have tried auto and manual, manual timeline is on ignore

image.png.742a122c55c492e404f3a58ae78ec6a6.png

image.thumb.png.943573e2e868b76d6df632a2bf406d55.png

27 minutes ago, Steve Giller said:

As a first step, check the Customer has a valid email, and the User activating the Custom Button has access to send email from that mailbox.

Its a valid email as im using my own work one :)

hmmm strange this, as i have full mailbox and send as rights, also in Hornbill i have the role thats associated with managing the mailbox called helpdesk, whats strange is that the email address associated with helpdesk if i set up the node like the below the email sends fine and the whole custom button workflow works like a charm...

image.png.cb6beb538571f893593f43020e577c5c.png

@Steve Giller I figured this out hehe custom button flow is perfect now but 1 last thing....the email update it sends out is there anyway to get it showing on the ticket the actual email sent?

Im not on about the system timeline update, the only way i can think of getting this working is manually updating the timeline with the text that was sent, any ideas?

@Lee C so no, you cannot have the sent email showing on the Request but what you can do is add a node in the workflow that updates the timeline with information that replicates the email sent to the customer (but without all the html etc).