Automate tickets to auto close

Lee C

Hi

Is there a workflow i can create that auto closes tickets logged from the self service portal by category? so say i wanted to close all tickets logged on the portal when the outlook request category is chosen, can Hornbill do that?

Yes.

The short version is that you will need to ensure there is a closure category, branch based on that category, and on the Outlook Request branch set the status to closed.

The longer version is that in reality this will depend on your existing workflow and how that is configured, and also your internal procedures, e.g. do you need to resolve and wait a few days for a customer update in case they report it's not fixed, etc.

2 minutes ago, Steve Giller said:

Yes.

The short version is that you will need to ensure there is a closure category, branch based on that category, and on the Outlook Request branch set the status to closed.

The longer version is that in reality this will depend on your existing workflow and how that is configured, and also your internal procedures, e.g. do you need to resolve and wait a few days for a customer update in case they report it's not fixed, etc.

oh cool, reason i ask is that i have a form setup on the self service portal that displays text " we dont support this etc etc " and i dont want the end users clicking finish as it logs a blank ticket, i understand you can only disable the next/finish button by prompting a value to be inserted so the user cannot continue with the form but it looks untidy for me so i was wanting to set something up to auto close these tickets down straightaway as they shouldnt be coming through in the first place.

Blocking the completion of the Capture is a valid method, as is creating an "Auto-close" Request - ultimately this is down to preference.

The advantage with the Request is that you can report on how many were raised, and also do everything a "real" Request can do - in this case sending an email to the Customer with what actions they should take for this problem might be required.

15 minutes ago, Steve Giller said:

Blocking the completion of the Capture is a valid method, as is creating an "Auto-close" Request - ultimately this is down to preference.

The advantage with the Request is that you can report on how many were raised, and also do everything a "real" Request can do - in this case sending an email to the Customer with what actions they should take for this problem might be required.

Interesting, how can i block the completion of it or create an auto close request?

This is the custom form i have setup at the moment and the field setting, i want these to be auto closed straightaway when the user clicks finish or like you say can my form display the line of text and the user cant continue with it?

image.thumb.png.aa7a5cfb3b3a604e7481951c58220b36.png

image.png.20622ceef7253896410e46619bb58d1a.png

To block the Request from being logged with a Form like this:
image.png

I have the Label field set up like this:
image.png

(The "Label" parameter is not displayed in the Employee Portal)

Then I follow the Form with a Branch node:
image.png

with the "Supported" branch set like this:
image.png

This could, of course branch on any other value in your Capture, but as long as the "No Match" goes to a Cancel the only option available will be to Cancel the Capture.