Capture Form Display

Lee C

Hi Guys :)

Getting a bit stuck to know if i can create a form where when the end user selects it from the portal it can display with a simple line of text saying " we do not support this " currently my form looks like the below but i want it to have no button to continue with the form just the line of text advising the item is not supported by IT, can this be done?

Basically i want to stop end users from being able to log a ticket for items not supported with a simple display message.

image.thumb.png.6fd88667e3cfc747620f99cd1cfd397a.png

6 minutes ago, Jim said:

You can make a field read only, and mandatory to prevent the form from continuing :) 

will this work Jim? on the capture flow i am required to put an end node on but the form just continues anyway, i dont want any option on the form for next or finish, just want it to display information and the only option is to cancel.

I have the customized form as below, then the next stage i cant end it on a cancel node, i have to place and end node on it which brings up the " finish " button and when this is clicked it just logs the ticket blank lol

I cant see any other way how to do this so i am thinking it cant be done how i want it?

image.thumb.png.0dad19fd1a4f9b09483b631137af648e.png

9 minutes ago, Jim said:

yes I do this on multiple forms also :) the next/finish button will remain greyed out and they can not progress

If you dont mind are you ok to share or paste your capture workflow you created? i cant figure out how to get it working.

When i click finish it just logs the ticket, you have lost me lol why would i need to set any override flags?

The only field i have on the form when creating it is below, as soon as the end user opens up the form i only want them to see this line of text, the text comes up but the finish button does presumably because thats what the end node is, im curious to see your capture flow and what field settings you have to get this working.

image.thumb.png.2ffd5926f7f0ced8f301d633408becec.png

My capture flow looks like the below, i want the form to basically cancel so the finish button does not appear but i cant end this process with the cancel node, i have to place an end node on it however when i do it still comes up on the form with a finish button so the end user can still push it and log the ticket :(

image.png.092fe85dbceb26a19376e3a6e87b6a59.png

image.png.c1e679102c4ae1ef0b611090df0ab6b3.png

45 minutes ago, Jim said:

yes I do this on multiple forms also :) the next/finish button will remain greyed out and they can not progress

I think you might be getting the wrong end of the stick of what i am trying to achieve, i know how to make questions mandatory so the form cant be continued, i want the form to open and only display a line of read only text and no option to press next or finish at all, basically i dont want the form to continue period when the end user sees this text...

I do the same thing as Jim to display a message and prevent the customer from being able to finish submitting the form (make the label displaying the message require a value). It's not ideal because the "Please provide a value..." text appears and may be confusing to the customer but I'm not aware of any other way to achieve this. You can't completely disable the continue/finish button to my knowledge.

You just need to tick "This field requires a value to be provided" for your label (this is unticked in your screenshot). The Finish button will still be visible and you'll be able to click it, but it will prevent the request from being submitted.

11 minutes ago, CraigP said:

I do the same thing as Jim to display a message and prevent the customer from being able to finish submitting the form (make the label displaying the message require a value). It's not ideal because the "Please provide a value..." text appears and may be confusing to the customer but I'm not aware of any other way to achieve this. You can't completely disable the continue/finish button to my knowledge.

You just need to tick "This field requires a value to be provided" for your label (this is unticked in your screenshot). The Finish button will still be visible and you'll be able to click it, but it will prevent the request from being submitted.

Cheers Craig :) yeah i guess it looks a bit untidy doesnt it to the end user

24 minutes ago, CraigP said:

Hmmm still doesnt work, heres how mine looks like now with the text, the finish button when clicked still goes through and logs a blank ticket, im beginning to think this just wont work for me ha

Youatwork.png

This is how mine shows now, no matter what i do it just keeps logging a ticket lol, Is there a way you can automate tickets to auto close? as this would fix the issue for me where it would auto close the blank tickets.

Youatwork2.png