Setup of auto assign tickets to agents as part of a team - New Setup

Lee C

Hi All, im quite a new user on hornbill, currently our service desk tickets logged from the self service portal by default already automatically go into a queue called 1st line support.

i have admin rights where i can get into service manager and can see options for workflows and auto tasks under customize but how how do i set this up so tickets auto assign to an analyst in this queue rather than it sitting on unassigned?

I have looked up guidance online and it keeps mentioning do this in your BPM, what is this or where is it? as mentioned i am assuming this needs to be done on the workflows or auto task option under service manager?

Here is the link to Documentation on Workflows in Service Manager. You may need to review a couple of other topics depending on your existing familiarity with Hornbill.
The Workflow's Hornbill Automation node can be configured to assign a Request, either to a Team (as it appears to now) or a User. If assigning to a User this can be a named User, or on a "Round Robin" basis with criteria that you define.

"BPM" is an older term, it is synonymous with "Workflow"

Thanks for the reply Steve, appreciated. is there a test service manager available in Hornbill so as to test out these workflows before its implemented in the live application?

10 minutes ago, Steve Giller said:

Here is the link to Documentation on Workflows in Service Manager. You may need to review a couple of other topics depending on your existing familiarity with Hornbill.
The Workflow's Hornbill Automation node can be configured to assign a Request, either to a Team (as it appears to now) or a User. If assigning to a User this can be a named User, or on a "Round Robin" basis with criteria that you define.

"BPM" is an older term, it is synonymous with "Workflow"

Also i have seen the advice given using nodes called assign to team or owner and i cant see any of them when in a workflow, should these be available on the node list when creating?