Create Reports

Sorry I am new to Hornbill especially reports. I am trying to create a new report which will show all service manager requests from all teams. I have a view already created called AFH Tickets and I want the same columns available in the report so that I can execute the same report id using Python script and have the data in PowerBI. I have managed to invoke different report id from PowerBI and I can see the data in PowerBI so I have managed to make that work. If you can help me in creating the report, then I am good to go.

It's not clear what you're trying to achieve here, but at first glance it looks like you just want to dump everything into PowerBI - which is likely to be more data than can be output in a single Report, and would probably time out before returning the results anyway.

I have exported the whole data from the service manager requests from Hornbill using export list and its less than 7k number of rows so its not huge but if the tool doesn't allow to export that much data, is it possible to export based on date filter (for e.g last 1 year or last 6 months or even last 3 months).

I was under the impression that the best way of integrating hornbill with PowerBI was to use Python/R and use reports so that we can create reports/dashboards in PowerBI. But if that is not what you recommend and we are supposed to use other ways of integration, please let us know.

With approx 7,000 Requests a full dump will likely succeed, but there will come a point when you exceed the maximum number of rows and/or the time taken to pull the data exceeds the timeout, so date filters would be recommended here.

An education session on building reports isn't really practical on the Forums, we would mainly be paraphrasing what is on the documentation site, but to get you started the majority of the information relating to a Request can be extracted from the Requests Entity, or using the h_itsm_requests table if using the schema designer option.

If you have specific questions please feel free to ask here, but for a detailed education session you may wish to engage with Expert Services for training.