Tracking Document Views

will.good

Hi,

How can we track document views? 

I have tried using h_sys_pagevisit_log as I thought they would be included in here, but this doesn't show any document views

We require something either to mirror the above table view for documents or document links to be included in the above table ideally.

Hi,

unfortunately there is no way to track document views currently within document manager, this is a feature we would like to add to document manager in the future but it is unlikely to be available in the near future.

Thanks

Trevor

This is going to be a fairly big issue for us...

We are soon going to start to divert a massive chunk of our customer base to self-help articles that will be hosted in document manager (already near to 500 different documents covering a range of areas from HR to Technology)... we need to be able to see how many views these are getting so we can measure impact, as well as balance this off with a (predicted) decline in tickets across our channels (driven by pushing our customers to self-help) which will impact financials / spending for our department. Not to mention, it would be extremely useful to see which of our stakeholders are viewing the reports that we regularly publish to document manager.

If I am looking at a document in a document manager library, the table above I mentioned (h_sys_pagevisit_log) records this:image.png.156cfd0675c2a2e0ad9e2e9dbebeba6b.png

Why can this table not continue to record clicks through to the bookmarkable document links? For the example document above, this would be /docmanager/document/view/DOC20231000000044 as an example. These are the links that we will be sharing to our customers via pages on our Employee Portal, via email, and through some other areas of the business. It seems like the table above is already set up to work with recording page views in document manager, just not the actual documents themselves (which I feel is an odd point to stop at)

This feels like a relatively simple solution to achieve, which will have a massive impact for us.

Hi,

If you are accessing the the document via its bookmarkable link, e.g. /docmanager/document/view/DOC20231000000044 I would expect it to appear in that table. what type of documents are they - certain documents (eg pdfs) will open automatically in the browser which could be preventing the visit from being recorded.  A similar issue maybe present with external link documents.  I can raise a defect to fix this if that is the case

Thanks

Trevor

Hi,

Think its a defect that it is redirecting from the bookmarkable link to the PDF file before it has a chance to add to the history, I have implemented a fix in documentmanager which will correct this so that the page is added to the history when viewing PDFs.  This should be in the next release of DocumentManager, this should be available in the next week

Thanks

Trevor

1 minute ago, TrevorHarris said:

Hi,

Think its a defect that it is redirecting from the bookmarkable link to the PDF file before it has a chance to add to the history, I have implemented a fix in documentmanager which will correct this so that the page is added to the history when viewing PDFs.  This should be in the next release of DocumentManager, this should be available in the next week

Thanks

Trevor

Brilliant - thank you so much!