Assessing the success or otherwise of actions from a linked call

JJack

Hi,

Can anyone advise on the following? It's a different aspect of parallel processing.

On 15/01/2024 at 12:49, Steve Giller said:

This will wait for all linked Requests to be completed (as defined by the settings

(from:

)

I have a task and a linked request within parallel processing nodes.
It then has a 'Wait for linked requests completion'.

Does 'Resolved linked requests are completed [string] : (Yes | No) "status.resolved" request status constitutes completion of linked request (Default: Yes).' MEAN THAT the linked call coming out of the parallel processing with a status of resolved is regarded as 'successful'?
ie is that what makes 
Hornbill Automations->Log extra call->outcome == success ? 

What could an outcome of 'failed' come from?

I want to know the success of the task and the success of the task completed (or some other indicator) within the linked call. Is this possible?
I can't see it is possible to update anything in a linked call except the timeline.

I'd like two different calls so they can be assigned to two separate teams, not just two tasks in one call.
Hope makes sense.

Sorry for not being clear @Steve Giller

I want to return, from the linked request to the parent call (the call that raised the linked request), an indicator of what has gone on within the linked request - eg whether a task there has failed or succeeded. I don't care much how I indicate this - it's just I can't see a way to get information out of the linked request back to the call that raised it.

(Background: we want two things to happen at the same time, as putting them as sequential tasks in a single call builds in a delay. Hence one as a task, one in parallel as a linked call that also raises a task.
However, we need to know the outcome of each of these tasks to decide what to do next.
If we didn't need, (because of our ways of working and how our request views are set up), a parent call for each task so that they can be assigned to different teams, we could just have parallel tasks.
)

The Log New Request node returns the Reference of the new Request.
You can use that variable to put the Reference of the original Request in the External Reference of the new Request.
Once the new Request's Task is completed, you can use its External Reference to put the outcome of the Task into a Custom Field on the original Request.

I think that would be the most efficient way of achieving this.