New users are not being assigned the basic or self service user roles

JanS2000

Morning

We had reports from a number of new starters that they're not able to access the self service portal, so I checked and found that since early October, none of our new users have been assigned the Basic User and Self Service User roles (users are auto-created in Hornbill via user import/sync with AD). I've had to manually add the roles to all the new starters set up since around 5th October, which is something I've never needed to do since we started using Hornbill a couple of years ago. 

Has anyone else experienced this issue, and if so, how did you overcome it? Thanks.

Thanks @Steve Giller. I've had a look at the instructions but I don't really understand it to be honest. I didn't set this up originally, it was done as part of our onboarding by Hornbill. I'll have to see if I can find any records of what was done and where it will run from, as I've no idea.

5 minutes ago, Steve Giller said:

Hi @JanS2000

I'm as certain as I can be that you'll be on an outdated version, based on when you onboarded.
You might want to raise an Expert Services request via the Success Portal to have this updated and reviewed.

Thanks Steve, I'm sure you're right re the version. I'll raise a request as I don't want to mess things up trying to do this myself, thanks for your help.