Hornbill LDAP Issue Cannot Sync via Azure Active Directory

[ERROR] Bind Error: LDAP Result Code 8 "Strong Auth Required": 00002028: LdapErr: DSID-0C090275, comment: The server requires binds to turn on integrity checking if SSL\TLS are not already active on the connection, data 0, v3839
Starting Close().

I think this is one to discuss with your LDAP admins (I'm guessing this will be AD/Azure AD?) in the first instance.
If this was working previously, the security requirements on the LDAP server may have changed, and you may need to update your KeySafe entry and/or the SSO Profile in Hornbill.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi @Ketan.lakhani,

I'm a bit confused: LDAP/AD OR Azure?

What are you trying to do? Azure or AD User import?

Are you using the correct tool? And not perhaps the LDAP/AD user import to connect to an Azure server or vice versa?

To deconfuse what was happening and to be perhaps of some use to someone else:

An Azure User Import was running and failing. The error mentioned above was NOT visible anywhere regarding this particular issue (i.e. that error appeared to be a connection issue to LDAP/AD).

The import was scheduled to run using Windows Task Scheduler. Going by the logs it had clearly worked previously - until the import suddenly didn't work anymore.

It turned out that the context/account the task was running under had changed to a service account without re-generating the import.cfg file (the file containing the Instance ID and API Key linked to the account generated (which in this context was the individual's account the Windows Task was set up with)).

https://docs.hornbill.com/data-imports-guide/users/database/command