Data Query - Get Assets by Type - Enable Comma separated values in the Type field

samwoo

Good afternoon, 

Raising off the back of my latest update to this thread:

We are working on our Applications data against Assets and need to present the Asset Form via a Custom Field using Data Query.

However, we need to be able to define which Asset Types are selectable in the Data Query. I have tried putting in Comma Separated values, but it's just not producing any results.

Please can this be raised this as an enhancement.

image.png.c792076d48fac69edb08765ec5d52ac3.png

In the meantime, I am having to display all Software Assets, which is not ideal as it contains Certificates and other kind of software Asset that users shouldn't be seeing.

• No, these asset types should not be combined under a single asset type,
  • No, for sake of the user experience, we should not have separate questions for each the Asset Types.
    • For example, a lot of users won't know what a Web Portal is (A front-end for a bunch of services, or a single service in its own right) over a Web Portal Service (which is a service associated/included within a Web Portal, which might have different teams/people supporting this particular service on the Portal, where there might be additional services in that same Portal).
    • Similarly for Business Applications (Software designed to support the Business needs and requirements for different Services, like Unit 4, SharePoint, Hornbill) and Software (Non-Business Applications, like Adobe Acrobat, Notepad++, GreenShot, Camtasia) - general users cannot always distinguish between the two, so we need all the results in a single question.
    • All this is for the sake of Configuration Management, and our work on improving how we do the Applications Roadmap (instead of using Excel spreadsheets).

Thanks,

Samuel Wood