Disable Timeline Whist in Resolved Status

will.good

Hi

Is it possible to disable commenting on timeline entries whilst a request is resolved? We are finding that some customers are just commenting on timeline posts instead of reopening the request, meaning agents are missing updates as the request auto resolves as the status hasn't been changed.

Am I right in thinking you have this setting already?

image.png.3fdf5807a101b566b02575ee6b0794d5.png

If I were you I would raise this as a defect. The text in the setting clearly states it should be a read-only view; but a view that allows commenting on existing timeline entries is not a read-only view. I'd class this as a defect because it exposes all Hornbill customers to having their users commenting on closed tickets and never getting a response; a real risk to customer sat.

image.thumb.png.db7808f516f88e43a2dd56878c3bdf41.png

1 hour ago, Berto2002 said:

Am I right in thinking you have this setting already?

image.png.3fdf5807a101b566b02575ee6b0794d5.png

If I were you I would raise this as a defect. The text in the setting clearly states it should be a read-only view; but a view that allows commenting on existing timeline entries is not a read-only view. I'd class this as a defect because it exposes all Hornbill customers to having their users commenting on closed tickets and never getting a response; a real risk to customer sat.

image.thumb.png.db7808f516f88e43a2dd56878c3bdf41.png

Ours is working correctly for requests that are closed, I'm asking if this can be made possible for requests that are resolved, as to force people to reopen the request if they need further assistance instead of just commenting on the timeline.