"View Email", "Reply", "Reply All", "Forward Email" actions for Email Associated Timeline updates

samwoo

Good afternoon,

I would like to request for the addition of buttons that appears in timeline posts that are associated with emails going into the ticket.

If a ticket has been updated by email, I would like to see the following buttons displayed:

1. View Email (will do the same thing as clicking the 3 dots in the timeline post and clicking on View Email)
  2. Reply (will reply direct to the sender)
  3. Reply All (will keep all email addresses in the To: and Cc: fields)
  4. Forward Email (will clear out the To: and Cc: fields)

When clicking on one of these buttons, it should open the email and depending on what you select, will either be to view the email (same as the current functionality within the 3 dots), or to take users to the screen that allows you to reply to emails, but with the To: and Cc: fields being amended depending on what's selected.

Here is what I envision the buttons to look like:
image.thumb.png.e70e42f99e51969180845e7cd6708ded.png

Also just noting that the example above, I edited the html using F12 Developer Tools whilst using the Preview UI.

As an alternative to opening up the email viewer / writer, have it so when clicking on the buttons, it automatically puts the email into the Email Action against the ticket, allowing the email history to be retained. This behaviour could be configurable by site.

Thanks,

Samuel

• 4 weeks later...