Issue with renaming workflows

CraigP

Hi Craig and Andrew,

Thanks for your posts.

I believe that this has always been the case where the name of the workflow can't be changed, in the same way that they can't be deleted, when there are active workflow instances associated to it. There may have been a change in the UI that makes it appear like this can be done.  If you add a new workflow you will find that you can rename it prior to any workflow instances being created.  This suggests that the name is being used somewhere as an identifier.

I'll see if I can find out more from our development team.

Thanks James - I suspected it might be because it was in use, however if you try and delete one that's in use, you get a warning telling you that. As above, nothing for renaming, but it appears to work

Also - Because renaming hasn't been working, I've been copying the BPM my desired name, but it then allows me to delete the original (which it shouldn't do if its in use)

Thanks James.

I suspected this may be the case, but it seemed odd that attempting to delete generates a popup message while renaming doesn't?

Also, as far as I could tell there weren't any active workflows using the workflow/BPM in question (there were only a handful of test ones I raised a while back and cancelled, and one completed one).

I even went back and deleted all the cancelled/completed instances in the "Manage Executed Workflows" section, and it still didn't rename correctly.

I've now copied it with the name I wanted, and deleted the original.

As Andrew has stated, if it was in use, then I would have expected it to prevent me from deleting it, so it feels like there is something odd going on.