Removing access to close tickets

yelyah.nodrog

Our Assistant directors have made a request to remove access to close tickets from ICT teams. When i look to remove this i can see its in the Incident manager User role and Service request users role. 

Both of which are system roles that cannot be altered. Short of me replicating this role but removing the closure access and then changing this role for 180 users how can I go about fulfilling this request?

image.thumb.png.5cb74ff27d1767d89196dbcf3b69e975.png

image.thumb.png.d74b0d9036b047fa7cfa412a589e9704.png

Many thanks

H

Hi @yelyah.nodrog

As far as I can see, these are your two options.

As you mentioned, there is the creation of a custom role that excludes the right to close requests or there is the locking of the resolution/closure action after the request has been resolved.  In your case, as you have so many workflows, the easier route may be the creation of a role.

There is a copy feature on the roles to quickly recreate an existing role.  You might want to have a scheduled task to view the role now and again, just incase the Incident Management User role gets any new rights added. 

If role assignment is being managed as part of a scheduled user import, you may be able to automate the changing of the roles from the system role to your created role.

image.png