IT Only Self-Service Portal

Osman

Hi All,

With other ITSM's I have been lucky enough to administer there have been methods by which I was able to allow the Service Desk to create quick tickets for regular requests and incidents. I believe I can do the same simply by creating Workflows that pre-populate specific fields. What I would like to know is whether it is possible to publish these quick tickets in a Service Desk, or IT only area? Ideally, I would like a Portal similar to the user facing Self-Service portal but with the previously mentioned quick tickets linked. On the face to it, the only way I can think of to achieve this would be to create a new Service in the Service Portfolio and limit it to the IT Teams that would use it and then add the Quick Ticket workflows to that Service.

Any other suggestion/ideas?

Thanks

Osman

• 3 weeks later...
On 24/10/2023 at 12:31, Osman said:

On the face to it, the only way I can think of to achieve this would be to create a new Service in the Service Portfolio and limit it to the IT Teams that would use it and then add the Quick Ticket workflows to that Service.

To restrict which Supporting Teams can raise these requests that would be the way to configure it.

If you don't want to create a whole new Service you could ensure that the Catalog Item is only visible to the Service Desk, you can also restrict which of the Service Subscribers can view the CI using the Manage Catalog Visibility option, but that would still leave them visible to all the Service Supporters.