Update Coding using auto task

will.good

Hi,

I have been trialling an autotask to update the logging category to replicate the category of the request upon closure.

I have tried each of the variables but none seem to work? Anyone have any ideas on how to make this work? This will be part of a BP - just using the autotask to test out. The idea is that when a request is resolved, it will update the logging category to replicate the closure category.

I've checked that the category codes match for the codes on my example request with whats in the profile admin section too

coding-test.draft.bpm.txt

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Will,

After an investigation, the development team explained to me what was happening.  The Request and Closure categories are two separate category profile trees.  An ID from a closure category will not match the ID from a request category.

I'm interested in understanding the use case for automatically setting the request category and the closure category to be the same.  Typically, these are used for two distinct sets of criteria.  The request category is typically used to describe the area or function that is impacted and the closure category is used to describe how it was closed.

Request Category = email, server, hardware, software, documentation, etc.

Closure Category = update, replacement, training, patch, setting, configuration, etc.

Using the categories in this way helps provide more statistics.