Defect? unremovable "Empty Value" value appearing in the spec for a new report and blocking me from proceeding

Berto2002

I just tried to create a report using the "value is like" filters in a standard Entity Report on the Request table and this "Empty Value" pops-up. It cannot be removed. Clicking it and clicking "delete selected value" does nothing.

image.thumb.png.b63e7a5774d8611909665903fcdc5be3.png

It also appears when we use the "is one of these" filter. For these, we can add a new value which then relegates the "empty value" box to a small grey lozenge (below) and we can select and delete that but the resulting search/filter doesn't seem to work.

image.png.e5deb06aaac33fdd037f6ebe8ea32741.png

So at the moment, we are stuck and cannot create a new report with filter on the Request table; pretty basic stuff.

Anyone else got this? I will report to Premier Support if not updates from the community.

Hi @Berto2002

I've looked at this again, and I have found that the <Empty Value> or in the second case, the blank entry can be double-clicked to change value.  Or, if unwanted, it can be selected and then deleted.  Hopefully this should allow you to continue with defining your report.  The remaining aspect is just to find out if there is a reason for the <Empty Valuce> being added when you first add the criteria to the filter.   I'm assuming that the default <Empty Value> may have been added to prevent issues with incomplete filters.

• 3 weeks later...

@Berto2002

We found that there was a problem in our API serializer that was not correctly handling empty string values in an array that sits within a choice type.  It turned out we did not have a test case for this particular scenario so missed it.  This has now been fixed so the XML/JSON structures will no longer be broken.   We will do some testing in the UI to make sure this is also consistent, should all be live in the next few days. 

Gerry

• Like 1