Enhancement Request(s) - "On Hold" functionality

Xavier

Good morning, 

This is a two-in-one, I'm sorry if I should have made two separate topics!

1)
Issue: A customer is emailed from the ticket stating xyz. The ticket is then put on hold for x-time with a description and a timeframe specified. 
The customer then emails back within 5-10 minutes saying, "Thanks!" or similar. This immediately takes the ticket off-hold as "Customer Responded".
Impact: Every time this happens, the ticket has to be put back on hold with the previous information either being copy/pasted, or re-written. 
Solution: Add a button that re-uses the previously applied hold with all the details intact. 

2)
Issue: An update from a few months ago changed how the date-picker for placing items on hold works. It now only shows the current calendar month unless specifically changing the month shown. With the current state, on the 31st August, there was only one option to pick for putting on hold. Later that day, unless changing the month first. 
Impact: When it comes to the last week of the month, and a ticket wants to be placed on hold for the following week+, changing the month shown has to be done every time. It's a single press, but with how often it happens, it adds up rapidly. 
Solution: As no ticket will *ever* be put on hold in the past (the system actively prevents this by blocking out past dates) - the calendar shown should show the current week, and the next x (4?) weeks instead. 

image.png.07533003d55474b0a8ef592dbc910bb5.png

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

+1 for these. Both sensible.

I particularly like the calendar suggestion because that will also apply for changes and all other planning in the system. The calendar should, be default, show the current day as the selected and the coming 31 days, regardless of month.

18 minutes ago, Berto2002 said:

The calendar should, be default, show the current day as the selected and the coming 31 days,

I have to point out here that I've just been through every application I have that allows you to schedule things, and not one of those do anything but show the current month - probably because that's how a (monthly) calendar works.

The obvious examples would be the market leaders of Office:
image.png

and Google:
image.png

What's missing on ours compared to theirs is the overspill of the last few days of the previous month and the first few days of the next, I'll ask internally if it's feasible to display those.
I can't personally see a case for a "Next few weeks" view - this would simply confuse people and be a terrible experience, as everyone is familiar with and expects to use a monthly calendar view as above.