User import and duplicate records

JJack

We have a user import (XMLMC SQL Import Utility V3.1.0) processing a csv file.
Sometimes there is more than one record for the same person, identified by their user id.
I thought it might process each in turn but from the log file I can only see references to it processing the second of the records.

Does this make sense? and could this behaviour be controlled.

Thanks, Jill.

Thanks Steve. Sorry if I wasn't clear, it's two records in the incoming file with the same id, but differences in other fields, eg position status or manager name; there's only one person and we only want one Hornbill account.
I'm not saying it's a good idea to have multiple records but wanted to know what Hornbill does when it comes across them.

This would depend on your config settings.

In theory if you're set to Create and Update it should create from the first entry (assuming the User doesn't exist) and then update with the details from the second - however I am not on the coding side so I don't know if this applies for duplicate IDs within the same dataset or if there are other factors to take into account - e.g. it could scan before starting the import and either merge duplicate rows, discard one, ignore both etc.

I'll see if a Developer can clarify this.