Change to User Name Validation?

will.good

Hi,

Has there been a change to how names have been treated in HB?

We have around 1400 basic user accounts that are set up for our sites to use, they only have a first name and a handle (no last name). It's just been noticed that now, their names are not appearing on the customer details pane of a request anymore.

This has not been a problem up until now. I would assume that if an account just had a first name, it would just show this and not hide the entire field?

3 minutes ago, James Ainsworth said:

I'm not aware of any changes to this area, but I'll have a look and a test.

The first thing that I did notice is that the last name field on a user account is a mandatory field.  Possibly you are bypassing this via an import?

image.png

Yes, we are (accidentally) bypassing this via an import... but its only lately that the name is not showing up on requests. It's only on accounts that are created with no last name that we have this issue. We have the name field selected in request settings still

I will try to replicate what you are experiencing by using an import of a user.  However, the lack of display that's been introduced may come from simply fixing gaps in the APIs so that they work as intended and respect the mandatory fields.  If this display issue is changed back to how it was, you may still find that eventually, you may have an issue with the import utility if this too begins to enforce the mandatory fields.