Asset Type - Status Draft, Active, Disabled/Suspended, Archived/Retired

samwoo

Do you agree?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree?

• Yes
    • No (Please explain why)

Good morning,

I have archived 2100 Assets for an Asset Type we no longer use, but I just realised that we cannot retire or delete the Asset Type since there are still records using it, yet it still appears in the list of Asset Types.

I would like to request an enhancement to the Asset Types screen to enable States to be associated against them.

1. Draft - Preparing a New Asset Type, no one can use this when creating Assets
  2. Active - Asset Type can be selected and used
  3. Disabled/Suspended - Prevents people from creating new Assets using that Type, so it's not selectable. There could be a reason such as limiting stock etc.
  4. Archived/Retired - The Asset Type is no longer in use and is therefore no selectable in the list

Thanks,

Samuel

+1.

I can see this being needed at some point for a whole category. It's a similar issue to removing an Organisation Group; you need to delete all the users first (page by page!)

See also our related issue where we are getting users in IC forms and agents in pickers selecting and linking archived assets because we cannot filter them out. If you would like to support this one...

• 4 months later...