Multiple Service Portfolios

Daniel Smith

Hi all!

We have an office out in India and are trying to create a separate area within Service Manager that is structured to allow us to be able to see and manage tickets and Queues within the new area but to not allow access the other way.

There are 2 things I either can't figure out or confirm if they are possible:

1. Can Incidents be passed between Services? E.G. If a ticket is raised against Service A and assigned to UK Company -> UK IT Support, can that ticket be re-assigned to Service B and assigned to India Company -> India IT Support Team?
2. How do you define which Service Portfolio is available for users? My test user is a member of the new Org / Team but cannot see the newly created service when creating a new ticket despite permissions being set to allow them to see the new Portfolio?

Is anyone able to assist with these points?

If it is not possible to accomplish this using split Service Portfolios, is there a way i can segregate a "Team" and remove the ability to see any tickets raised against the Service that are not directly related or assigned to the Team?

Open to suggestion!

Kind regards

Dan

1 minute ago, Daniel Smith said:

1. Can Incidents be passed between Services? E.G. If a ticket is raised against Service A and assigned to UK Company -> UK IT Support, can that ticket be re-assigned to Service B and assigned to India Company -> India IT Support Team?

Yes if both teams are a Supporting team within the service - by default this also gives access to the requests within the service

2 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

2. How do you define which Service Portfolio is available for users? My test user is a member of the new Org / Team but cannot see the newly created service when creating a new ticket despite permissions being set to allow them to see the new Portfolio?

You should be able to do this by setting the 'Subscribers' within a service for customers and 'Supporting teams' for analysts

3 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

If it is not possible to accomplish this using split Service Portfolios, is there a way i can segregate a "Team" and remove the ability to see any tickets raised against the Service that are not directly related or assigned to the Team?

This is kind of possible but clunky, I have a similar scenario where a team can't see another services requests by default but sometimes an escalation will require them to be able to view them, I accomplish this by using an auto task that flips the Business process and service it belongs to so that the team do then have access to the request, but off the back of this you would need a skeleton business process to flip to (so you don't repeat confirmation emails and tasks etc) and then another one to flip it back

Hope this helps

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the response!

Seems like i am on the right lines so i will keep plugging away. I have set the Supporting Teams across both Services but neither of my test users can see the new Service Portfolio i have created. I would of assumed it would infer the services from the Supporting Teams permissions, but despite both "Teams" being added, neither user is able to see the service when creating new tickets:

image.png.42918ae4803c9c0d398fbb9e69b0aa05.png

I think this is the Crux of my issue... no one can see the new service correctly so i can't get any further is moving tickets around!

Are you referring to creating a request in the first place? 

assuming you are, what are your subscribers set to? when logging as an analyst you act as the customer you set, so if you are using the test account and they are not a 'subscriber' of the service you wouldn't see any catalog items for them, maybe this is your issue?