Reporting on tags

Philds

Hi there, I've build a report showing new documents created last month and wanted to include a column in my table showing the tags associated with that document.

This worked out fine last month for documents created in May, example below from my PowerBI report:

image.png.e18d7dc0fdc2b927e0d94988deab58cb.png

However this month a new document wasn't showing any tags in my PowerBI report even though the document itself has tags assigned:

image.png.ce7bab92611ad25d5c68e7b707a3987f.png

Looking back at the report I've built in Service Manager (instancename/admin/app/com.hornbill.servicemanager/reporting/reports), I've used the h_lib_documents.h_idx_tags field (labelled Index Tags) as this was the only field I could see in that table relevant to tags.

I've found there are many documents in this table without tags in h_idx_tags even though the document itself does have tags assigned in the Document Manager app. The fact that May's new docs had tags was a red herring as there's many docs without tags in that field going back years.

What am I missing about the h_idx_tags field and is there another table I should join to consistently get the tags of each document?