Change Request Process - Select Authorisers based on intelligent capture response

Matt Parker

Hi,

I am trying to add an option within an existing Change Request process so that dependent on the outcome of a specific intelligent capture answer, I can select which group of authorisers are tasked to Authorise the Change. 

e.g.

iCap Q: - End User Impact Y/N > Yes Authoriser Group A in the Business Process, tasked to authorise

> No Authoriser Group B in the Business Process, tasked to authorise

I've looked at Parallel processing, but haven't worked out how to pick up the iCap response to add to the Business Process. (or if I can!)

There are probably different/better ways to achieve the outcome, but I keep drawing a blank.

Any suggestions gratefully received,

Thanks,

Matt

Hi Matt

Hopefully I'm not misunderstanding, but if it is just a decision between two approving teams based on a yes/no question then I feel like simply having a decision node with two branches in the BPM seems best to me! I don't think you'd need any parallel processing.

To access the intelligent capture answers in the BPM you need to have a "Progressive Capture Answers" node (Entity > Requests > Get Request Information > Progressive Capture Answers) before the decision node. This will give you access to the "Custom IC" options in the variable picker when creating a Custom Expression on the decision node. You can then expand this to find the appropriate Intelligent Capture and question you're looking to check the answer for.

• Thanks 1

Hi Craig,

Fantastic, thanks for the advice. I've managed to amend the process and extract the information required following the steps you outlined and everything is working as required.

Many thanks for your guidance, it really is appreciated,

Matt