Customer Email Notifications

Nikolaj

Hello Support,

I have a question i try to activate this feature in the Requests. But no Email will be send out to the customer when the analyst do an update on the timeline. What do i miss else?

Thanks and best regards

Nikolaj

image.thumb.png.54dcd0aef6a216f6e9d61202cabb293c.png

image.thumb.png.9ccf7b7baf2c2e5813de3899ff594e67.png

Morning @Nikolaj. Those settings are just for the analysts/agents, so they see what options are available to them. The email icon in the portfolio config settings just allows your agents to select this and send a manual email to the customer, from within the timeline of the request.

If you want the customer to receive an email when the request is updated, you'd have to change a system setting. I'll have a look in my notes to find out which setting, as I did the same thing, whereby now if an agent updates the request timeline and has set the visibility to Customer in the update, then it triggers an email to the customer, letting them know it's been updated.

1 minute ago, JanS2000 said:

Morning @Nikolaj. Those settings are just for the analysts/agents, so they see what options are available to them. The email icon in the portfolio config settings just allows your agents to select this and send a manual email to the customer, from within the timeline of the request.

If you want the customer to receive an email when the request is updated, you'd have to change a system setting. I'll have a look in my notes to find out which setting, as I did the same thing, whereby now if an agent updates the request timeline and has set the visibility to Customer in the update, then it triggers an email to the customer, letting them know it's been updated.

Actually I might have told you the wrong thing but I'm just checking as I was sure I enabled a different setting to get the emails to work. I'm still learning all this myself, apologies if I've given the wrong info :(

Found this which is what I followed:

5 minutes ago, JanS2000 said:

Actually I might have told you the wrong thing but I'm just checking as I was sure I enabled a different setting to get the emails to work. I'm still learning all this myself, apologies if I've given the wrong info :(

I think that's all I needed to do when I've thought about it. I amended the template email and initially added the content preview variable, but found users were confused by many of the updates so I turned that off and just put a link to the request so they could see it in the context of the timeline. 

I think I've got my email notifications mixed up as I also turned on update notifications to the team when a customer updates a request, and that was an application setting somewhere.

Hi @JanS2000 thanks for your help. Yes the notification to the team analyst is working when the customer is doing an update. But the other way doesn't. the customer do not get any email when an update is done to the timeline.