How to filter available assets for user selection in Intelligent Capture

Mark Burns

Hi all,

Is it possible to limit the type of assets a user can select from in the Intelligent Capture Asset form? I have this form set up in Intelligent Capture:

image.png.f6888d0d42608c864be4a2cecae189be.png

And this is how the form looks from the front end:

image.thumb.png.4faf9a3bf8ed0fface8999c44c872a5e.png

Is it possible to automatically filter this form to only show Desktop - computer assets?

Thank you

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Mark 

Just checked our software installation setup - we have the asset restricted on this to just Computer System (so Laptops, Desktops, VM Machines and Servers). I have just tried to search for an asset outside of the set criteria (Printer and Software) and nothing came up for either of these assets for Printer and Software so I am not sure - our filter on the asset has the below options so I am not sure why you are seeing non Computer assets but I note you have some different options turned on here

Many thanks

Adrian

image.png.5933690922aab30e482c251ddcabbf5b.png

@Mark Burns I think this is working as designed but not how you might want...

"Hide Customer's Assets = No" I think means "show all the customer's (Used By) Assets" and that's what you see, assuming all those assets 'belong' to the customer.

I think all the "Select" boxes only affect the search for additional assets.

I would also sometimes like to filter for the IC form. For example I would like to ask the user to select the laptop/desktop they want software installed upon but it shows all their assets so they could select some other software and that would confuse things.

I have also raised something on the forum that the asset search brings back archived and retired assets and there is no way to stop that; we have our users selecting their old laptop assets from the list and our server team selecting the archived versions of those assets for changes... 

Thus I am hoping others add to the weight of improvement being needed in the area of filtering assets.

• Like 1