Productivity enhancement: a SHARE (link) feature to allow instant access to either analyst/portal links for any Request (common feature on most platforms now)

Berto2002

Myself and the team often find ourselves wanting to paste a link to a Request to either a colleague or a Customer; on email, Teams, etc, for reports, etc. but Customers need to have links to the portal view and analysts need to have links to the service manager request list view; and we can only get the appropriate link by being in that view ourselves (unless we can be bothered remembering and typing-out the URLs each time)

Use case: I am working on a Request in Service Manager and the Customer or collaborator wants me to send them a link to it. I have to open my own internal portal view, browse to one of my own Requests to get the basic URL, copy that, paste to the relevant place and then edit the Request reference in the URL before sending. I *should* be able to click something on the analyst Service Manager Request and get that portal link straight away.

In teams and other platforms this comes under the SHARE link. I request HB introduce this feature that all users can see from both Service Manager and Portals and where analysts can always get either the portal or analyst link.

image.png.652a2bf53f932cbcf08894dce12aef1c.png

Alternate approach is that the application be coded to be 'smart' to know that

• if an analyst (FULL User) tries to open a portal link as an analyst and they don't have permissions, it defaults to the analyst view and
  • if a Customer (Basic User) tries to open a Service Manager analyst link, it defaults to try to open it in the portal view

That way, we can copy and paste any valid link from portal or analyst view at any time and know the application is smart enough to show it in the view they have access ti

• Like 2

• Berto2002 changed the title to Productivity enhancement: a SHARE (link) feature to allow instant access to either analyst/portal links for any Request (common feature on most platforms now)
  • 4 weeks later...