How to detect if someone is a Line Manager - so we know whose profiles to update

Berto2002

When a line manager leaves, we archive their account in service manager but we noticed they remain listed as the line manager of other users so when workflow looks-up the line manager of that user and attempts to contact them, we get issues.

It's obvious that I need to put something in the intelligent capture form to ask the requester to tell us if the leaver is a line manager but that will only get us as far as identifying that we need to take some action.

So my question is, what workflow elements can I use to detect which users any given person is the line manager for and automate the workflow to migrate their line manager to be someone else?

Or perhaps we do not have any capabilities for this which case we will write a manual procedure for the service desk; and it becomes an enhancement suggestion for the product.

The Line Manager is stored against the User rather than the Direct Reports being stored against the Line Manager, so there would be no node that would bring back all Direct Reports.

Being a codeless environment there is also no concept of looping through data in the BPM, so even with a list there would be no way to update each Direct Report to have a new Line Manager.

If you're importing Users from Azure/AD or similar we would expect these changes to be made in the authoritative source and this would be picked up on the next import.

1 minute ago, Steve Giller said:

If you're importing Users from Azure/AD or similar we would expect these changes to be made in the authoritative source and this would be picked up on the next import.

That is a good point. That is where I will head next. Thanks.