'wait for new request owner' not working

JakeCarter

Afternoon,

We are having some issues with a Suspend node in a BPM

At this stage in the BPM the request will go to a validator and spawn the check data & validate task so they can check what the previous person has put into our HR system is correct and if there is a Data Issue then the validator can re-assign the request back to the original person which will spawn the correction of data task and assign to the original person.

image.png.bf544a478aa3ac13fde304374f169cba.png

The above works absolutely fine expect for...

If the validator is off sick for example and we have to manually re-assign the request and task to another validator and they find a Data Issue, then when it gets to the suspend node (which is set to wait for a new request owner) it seems to skip this step and assign the correction task straight away to the validator we manually re-assigned it to for the validation task and doesn't give a chance to assign back to the original person who made the input

image.png.d05068ab14104c0b0e612cd8997938b1.png

image.png.2083d3a64e05b7cf11f5bea8c82611fe.png

Hi @JakeCarter

Thanks for your post.

I've done an initial test of the Suspend and wait for new owner Hornbill Automation and so far it is working for me without issue.  

In order to troubleshoot this I often will use the checkpoints or notices.   It's hard to tell, but it doesn't look like you have any way for a user to know that they are actually on the suspend node. I would start by adding a notice to the wait for new owner automation, and that may give you a feel for when the suspend it taking place.  Sometimes you will find that you are somewhere in the workflow that you weren't expecting.

image.png

Morning @James Ainsworth

I have put the notices on this morning and tried it again, but no notices have appeared.

image.png.e689ace6f27e4444ce5020a5ab72b518.png

I have tried a whole manner of different things, but all outcomes lead to the task being assigned straight away instead of waiting for a new owner

image.png.01a21e157a1d6888101c84b164eccde6.png

I understand what you're saying about I could be somewhere else in the workflow but on this one there is only one route that will take you to the 'Correction of Data Input' Task

image.png.62bcd04ca25c95a26c79e089d0a1e727.png

Hi @JakeCarter

Could you try and remove the expiry on the suspend wait for new owner.

image.png

There was something reported yesterday where the expiry outcome wasn't behaving as it should.  I just wanted to confirm if that is the case here.  The thought being that it might be thinking that it is always expired, so it just moves past it.

• 2 weeks later...

I have put in a workaround which seems to be working fine at the moment.

Instead of 'Wait for New Request Owner' I have set it to assign back to the team first and then 'Wait for Request Owner'.

image.png.bffe95aeb35e1202c86bfc3453419931.png

Seems like it's just an issue with the 'Wait for New Request Owner' option.

Don't know if you want to take that back to the devs to have a look in to.

Hi @James Ainsworth hope it's okay for me to post on here as I'm having a similar issue. I'm only testing something out at the moment, but I've added a suspend node in with action focus on asset, and another after for focus on category. The other suspend notes for setting priority and owner work fine, but then it stalls at this. If I manually refresh the browser, then it comes up with the focus on asset and the suspend notice comes up. 

On 10/26/2022 at 2:16 PM, JanS2000 said:

Hi @James Ainsworth hope it's okay for me to post on here as I'm having a similar issue. I'm only testing something out at the moment, but I've added a suspend node in with action focus on asset, and another after for focus on category. The other suspend notes for setting priority and owner work fine, but then it stalls at this. If I manually refresh the browser, then it comes up with the focus on asset and the suspend notice comes up. 

I added another node in before the suspend, to get customer details, and the suspend works okay now in this test process.