Authorisation Node (Automatic Assignment) configuration assitance required.

Adam Toms

Hi All,

As part of peer reviewer process we would like to add a set of check list items to the Authorisation Node (Automatic Assignment) when the change goes to peer review.

As the peer reviewer is selected by a member of IT staff it's not part of a group. We would like to be in a position to be able to ask questions as part of the authorisation to get our peer reviewers thinking more about what it is they are approving.

I cannot see a way of easily configuring this via the Authorisation node we're using I'd like to avoid if I can by putting the questions/ prompts into the free text email. As by ticking them as part of a check list item means they have to give though to the items they are ticking. I'd like to avoid a separate human task, as I'd like to keep the level of admin down and this doesn't appear to be a viable option if the approver is not known.

I've attached the screenshot of the node, which doesn't appear to give any additional configuration options to build in these questions.

I've also included a screenshot of our change bpm configuration, if the only way  I can do it is to add an additional node I assume this would need to go in the area highlighted in yellow and not before the authorisation node? I've also included in blue the node I'm trying to configure the questions so you can see which part of the flow this occurs.

Any assistance would be gratefully received.

Many Thanks

Adam

Change BPM Config.PNG

Authorisation node automatic assignment configuration.PNG

Have you considered using just a normal task for this in place of the authorisation?  You can define a checklist of questions and outcome options.  However, looking at your workflow you have a suspend and wait for authorisers, which suggests that you are manually selecting the authorisors within the request.  This might be the only challenge with a standard task.

Thanks @James Ainsworth

Because our peer reviewer could be any member of IT it's difficult to define.

I was wondering although it's not clear but if I started a parallel processing node off of the Authorisation Node (Automatic Assignment) node could I then use a Hornbill Automation node to get authorisation task details and then link a human task the human task would then be assigned to the owner of the authorisation which has been pulled from the authorisation task details with the check list  which would be these questions then configured in it?

If not we might just define the questions in the approval email, because if any of them are no the tentative approval option should be selected and then it goes back to the change builder to amend as part of the workflow.

Many Thanks

Adam