Changed owner but has no permissions

Brhow

I have changed the owner of a document as an employee has left and i want his colleagues to pick up his documents for review and ensuring they stay relevant. 

It has let me change the owner with docmanager admin role but the owner has no permissions over the document. 

I assume this is because when it was shared with a library it was only ever given can view document.

I have no way to change this now, i could unarchive the user and resolve all their documents, but i don't have any free licences, i might be able to do it if i change him to just a basic account and try the docmanager portal, not used this before, but it seems like a big oversight that as an admin i cant fix the permissions on these documents.

image.thumb.png.93e6a32e58ca68b372f7873a566c605f.png

Thanks

Brett

Hi,

The new owner of the document should definitely have full permissions to make changes to the document after an ownership change, I have not encountered this problem before.  Can you make sure you definitely logged in as that user and not as the admin user or similar?

Thanks

Trevor

Hi Trevor, 

Thank you, you are right it was a different owner when i hovered over it. 

I reassigned it again and it let me do things now, I did a bulk reassign so im not too sure if this one was in the list, I assume that maybe this one was reassigned to a different person who also left but was showing as me