Routing rule no longer raising requests from emails

MichelleReaney

We have a routing rule set up to create a new incident when an email is received from a specific external sender.  This has been working fine until some time between 03/12/2021 and 05/01/2022.  

We have not changed anything in our systems.  I have looked at the guidance in here and we do not have a contact/user set for this email address and app.email.routing.rules.unknownUsers.allow is set to off but this has always been the case so I don't understand why it has suddenly stopped working.  

4 minutes ago, MichelleReaney said:

we do not have a contact/user set for this email address and app.email.routing.rules.unknownUsers.allow is set to off

In this case the routing rules will not create a request. This functionality is like this for quite a while and there were no recent changes here (from what I can see this functionality has not been changed for at least a year now)

6 minutes ago, MichelleReaney said:

why it has suddenly stopped working

Have you checked perhaps there was a user until recently but this user was removed from the system? Do you have examples, requests, created for this external sender in the past? If you navigate to one of them, can you see the user profile when you click on the user in request details?