Chase option on the customer portal

Smurfy

Hi
I not sure if this has been asked before but I would like to see a chase option for the user to chase a call. Like where they have an update bottom there would be a chase call button.
I'd like to be able to put that into a customer counter which I already do if my team chase one (via a auto task) so would need to be able to add it to a custom field some how.

I always want more I know but Id like that chase button to have some options where we could maybe allow it to just display if SLA is breached?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi @Smurfy,

Through the service level, you could set up an action if the service level (e.g. Response) is missed. This can be achieved through Home menu > Service Manager icon < Services Portfolio menu > Service Level Agreements tab > open the Service Level Agreement in question > Press the cog button on the Service Level.

image.png 

There are a number of actions you can perform, such as sending an email to the owner or team or adding to a board where missed requests are tracked.

image.png

Alternatively, you could enable the notification setting guest.app.requests.notification.notificationType.portalUpdate through the Admin Tool > Home > Service Manager tile > Settings tile. This setting sends out a notification to the request owner if there is a new update posted by the request's customer through Self Service (i.e. Employee Portal / Customer Portal / Service Portal).

image.png

I hope this helps.

Ehsan

Sorry Ehsan I think I have not explained it very well.

The users can currently update a ticket from the employee portal. I would like an option to chase from there too. So the users get two options on the ticket. Update this call or chase this call. I want to see on a ticket what are chases and what are updates.

Laura

@Smurfy

Currently that is not possible. The Chase option could raise operational issues. Consider a scenario where a customer presses the Chase button every so often out of frustration, this will ultimately leads to incorrect reports being generated.

The timeline of the request is a collaborative tool, allowing a customer and the agent to establish a conversation, the customer could use this facility to put forward any concerns, such as a chase message (e.g. Is there an update on this, it's been a week?). Apart from the reporting aspect that you mention, it would be expected of the Chase button to notify the request owner. By enabling the setting I had described, the update by the customer via the Employee Portal will send out an email to the request's owner, including the customer's text, this should in fact make it clear to the owner that the customer has chased.

The service level agreement on the request details page (Information panel on the right-side) can determine the validity of the chase. For example if the response time is not missed, then regardless of the customer chasing, the service desk is still within the agreed response period, so such a reporting mechanism on the Chase option would have to take this into consideration to avoid misleading information. While I do appreciate the scenario, I believe such an option takes away the purpose of the collaborative facility that we have provided, and we would have to build a complex solution to avoid the scenario where a customer can chase every so frequently, and present the information in a way that the agent can determine whether the response timer is missed or met while a chase request is triggered by the customer.