Cards and Parallel Processing Help

Sam P

Hi everyone, we are just 1 week on from our Go-Live with Service Manager, my first forum post, so please be gentle!

Is it possible for a Business Process to add and move multiple cards to multiple board lanes whilst parallel processing in one stage?  I have tried with the following config but am only getting one card on one lane and the card is being moved / removed even if the Hornbill Automation is in a different parallel processing section.  Have I missed a step or is it not possible?   I have up to 6 parallel sections like this on this BP, most of them have parallel processing inside them too.  Grateful for any advice you can give.  Thanks.

image.png.bafce9d37604c938f3812d3eb4a0e7e0.png

Guest Yodit

Hi @Sam P - I think what might be happening here is that the system is referencing the same card within all of your card nodes (i.e. the "Add" and "Remove" nodes are working on the first card that is generated). 

To test this, please can you amend the "Key" field in your "Add Card" nodes so that they are unique. You will then need to make small adjustments to the "Get Card Information" and "Move Card" nodes to ensure they are referencing the right card - the screenshot below will show you the fields I am referencing above. I can send you the BPM definition of the process below if you need more detail but let me know how this goes :) 

image.png

This is how this will look in Board Manager....

image.png

@Yodit  Thank you this really helped.  I managed to get this to work (on Add Card to Board I also included Service Manager under Application as this was advised by Bob in our Switch On), however when I log a second (identical) ticket I am not seeing further cards under the lanes, only the original ones.  Only when they are cleared as part of the BP will any further cards be added.  Is there an additional step to take to continue adding cards to boards in this way?

I also have another question as that is.. is there a way to link a card to a ticket?  I have completed the variable in the Link box but when clicked I get an Oops/404 Page not Found message.  It would be great to be able to add this to the cards.
image.png.440962c6d84aa3dcee63eea2767e8d42.png

Thank you

Guest Yodit

Hi @Sam P , apologies I should have used a better example for the use of references here. What you can do is inject the reference number into the "Key" field (previously shown as just CARDA) to make sure the card is unique to that request. It may also help if the reference number was mapped in the Title or Content Fields to help identify which request they below to.

For example, the Key field will read something like:

CARDA&[global["inputParams"]["requestId"]]

image.png

With respect to the link, this is possible but what you will need to do is provide the full URL. This is the syntax you will need to use: 

live.hornbill.com/<your instance name>/servicemanager/request/view/<request id>/

Let me know how this goes :)

@Yodit perfect the tasks -> boards are now working brilliantly, thank you! 

I am however struggling with the link to the ticket...its saying undefined where the link should be, even having entered my instance in the space shown - is there something else I need to add around the request ID bit to get it to pick it up automatically?
image.png.62a568a67ccb5cbdf70a906e6823a5eb.png

Forgive me for translating your kind instructions so literally, while I build my Hornbill knowledge.  Thanks again

Guest Yodit

@Sam P great news that this is working! :)

This is odd? Just to confirm, the link should be something like: 

live.hornbill.com/<your instance name>/servicemanager/request/view/&[global["inputParams"]["requestId"]]/

If you wouldn't mind, please could you DM me a copy of the BPM using the Email icon in the top right hand corner of the forums? To download a copy of the BPM, select the "Download process as a definition button" at the top of the BPM - this should download a .txt file which you can send as an attachment. I think this might be easier than asking you a million questions about this node lol 

image.png

Guest Yodit

@Sam Pthanks for the BPM. I think I have found the issue...

The Card Type field is currently set to Task so the link would not apply because this card is not technically a Service Manager entity. Please can you change this to Servicemanager - Service Request and try again?

image.png