Ability to search "Request Category" within a request.

chrislord

Hi,

I don't believe it is currently possible for analyst to search the "Request Category" within a request. 

This would be a really useful enhancement as we have a large number of categories and could speed up the selection time and allow analysts to search if they can't find something.

Is this possible?

Hi Chris,

We have some work that is lined up for our development team that should provide this.  The development process allows for 90 days from start to finish to cover development time, testing, and our release steps.  Often they are delivered faster than this, but it depends on the complexity.  I'll post back here once it is closer to being ready.

Regards,

James

Hi Chris,

My apologies, but I've just read your post again and I may have misunderstood your requirement.  I had jumped at the idea that you were looking to search categories in the request list, but I see now that you want to search for a specific category when assigning a category to a request.  This isn't part of the mentioned change above.  I'll have to investigate.  

Something that we are looking to introduce is Tags.  If you have access to Assets or Document Manager you will see the use of tags.  This can provide much more flexibility than a category tree.  The tags already provide a search to quickly find existing tags, and you can have more than one tag associated to a request.  Do you think that this would be of interest to you?

Regards,

James 

On 10/22/2020 at 5:43 PM, James Ainsworth said:

Hi Chris,

My apologies, but I've just read your post again and I may have misunderstood your requirement.  I had jumped at the idea that you were looking to search categories in the request list, but I see now that you want to search for a specific category when assigning a category to a request.  This isn't part of the mentioned change above.  I'll have to investigate.  

Something that we are looking to introduce is Tags.  If you have access to Assets or Document Manager you will see the use of tags.  This can provide much more flexibility than a category tree.  The tags already provide a search to quickly find existing tags, and you can have more than one tag associated to a request.  Do you think that this would be of interest to you?

Regards,

James 

Hi James,

Thanks for your reply. I was thinking along the lines of being able to search the "Name" field within profiles. I'm not sure tags would work that well in the scenario I mentioned and for our the way we have configured the request profile.

Thanks Chris