Timespent on a project Task no record as project cost

Nikolaj

@Nikolaj In this case, a project cost is added based on 2 things. The first is the Project Stakeholder's rate for the project and the second is the amount of time being recorded. What the system does is take the project rate per hour and divide that by the amount of time entered. If this number is greater than zero, it's recorded as a project cost (if the box is checked which in this case it is).

As you've technically not entered any time (your start and end dates are the same) then even if you have a project rate against your project stakeholder, there is no project cost to add here.

Does that make sense?

Alex

@AlexTumber this was just an example. in my case I have a project stakeholder`s rate 180 you can see here:

image.png.a9247b328e98f7eb0156f8578a4d4ce1.png

and here is my Task with timespent 1h. 

image.thumb.png.c24fa09c10f199947df62f705bb72e46.png

But as you can see No costs

image.png.a569b5cfda3452544ffe55e40f9a52d2.png

Of course it is the same project. So what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks and regards

Nikolaj

@Nikolaj without logging into your instance and looking at this particular example it's very difficult to determine the issue. If you add some more time now to a task on this project for your user that's at least an hour long, and with the 'record as project cost' box checked, does it still not create the project cost?

Alex