LDAP sync Error: An unexpected database error occurred while trying to create a new user

Luke

Hi, 

We've got an issue with LDAP sync not creating some users. Searching the logs we have an initial error message about an unexpected database error and then it fails to create a new user every time it runs because there's an archived record. 

I can see the records using Database Direct to query the h_sys_accounts table. Only the h_user_id, h_avail_status, h_attrib1 (we have this configured for department name), h_account_status, h_failed_attempts and h_update_count columns have a non-null value for 14 records, I believe it was the same issue for all of them and have searched the logs for 2 so far. 

I can't see the records through the UI (https://admin.hornbill.com/<instance>/accounts/users/)

What is the best way to tidy up the incomplete records, or otherwise resolve this issue? We currently can't log tickets for these new starters. 

Thanks, 

Luke

Initial error: 

2020/08/10 12:26:05 [ERROR] Unable to Create User: KaXXXXX.XXXXXXXX@XXXXXXXXXXXX.co.uk Error: An unexpected database error occurred while trying to create a new user

Followed by: 

2020/08/10 13:32:46 [ERROR] Unable to Create User: KaXXXXX.XXXXXXXX@XXXXXXXXXXXX.co.uk Error: User already exists with account status: archived
2020/08/10 13:32:46 [ERROR] Unable to Update User Groups: KaXXXXX.XXXXXXXX@XXXXXXXXXXXX.co.uk Error: The specified user account [KaXXXXX.XXXXXXXX@XXXXXXXXXXXX.co.uk] does not exist
2020/08/10 13:32:46 [ERROR] Unable to Update User Groups: KaXXXXX.XXXXXXXX@XXXXXXXXXXXX.co.uk Error: The specified user account [KaXXXXX.XXXXXXXX@XXXXXXXXXXXX.co.uk] does not exist
2020/08/10 13:32:46 [ERROR] Unable to Update User Status: KaXXXXX.XXXXXXXX@XXXXXXXXXXXX.co.uk Error: Failed to update account status (target and the current status is the same).