auditTransactionId

A number of the API methods return 'auditTransactionId', such as 'data::entityDeleteRecord'.  I'm curious as to where if at all you can query these.

I've had a look at 'system::getLogFileRecords'.  If I query the 'EspApiTransactions' log I can see the Transaction Id in the message and the details of what was carried out.  There is an input parameter 'filterTransactionId', but this has to be an 'xs:unsignedLong' value.  I can't see any other log that might contain a TransactionId column, so not sure where that input parameter could be used.

@bernie first I would say your query re system logs is not suited for the section you choose to post this (Integration Connectors, API & Webhooks). I would see this more suited for the System Administration section.

I won't look at the Hornbill logs for the time being as they are undergoing a complete overhaul at the moment. The logs as you see them now and especially transaction logs, as they are now, won't make much sense for anyone external to Hornbill. Also since this interface will change soon, there is not much use in documenting how they are now.

Is there anything specifically you were after when looking through these logs or is just a general enquiry? 

EDIT: based on further conversation it appears this is related to API calls therefore thread was moved back to API section

Hi @bernie,

The 'auditTransactionId' and the ' TransactionId'-s in the 'EspApiTransactions' log are NOT the same.

The auditTransactionIds refer to auditing that is done for the audit trails within the Project, Supplier and Timesheet Managers. For this you could have a look at h_sys_audit_trail.h_txn_id.

Hi @Victor,  the reason I logged it there is because the Id is returned from an API request and I'm curious as to where via the API I can query this Id.  I only mentioned the system logs because that's where I found an entry in the 'EspApiTransactions' log that contained the auditTransactionId and details of the change I made to an asset.  From that I could determine a possible API call. 

It is merely a general enquiry.  As I use the API more, I'm looking at what options I have for auditing.  For example, if changes are being made the audit Ids could be logged, which could then be referred to later on if there is an issue.  The 'EspApiTransactions' log as is stands now does have some potentially useful info.  I can see when and what was changed and by whom.  If the logs are going to change soon then I can hold off for now; but the information I need might be available elsewhere and the logs therefore won't be required.

Hi @SamS,  Sorry I can't find which API operation to use for 'h_sys_audit_trail.h_txn_id'.  Would I have to create a custom query (queryexec)?

Thanks both.

@bernie so basically, if I understand this right, we (or you to be more precise) need to know who and when performed an action which is what basically an audit is. If I am right then, certain areas in Hornbill have this in place but not all. There is an ongoing effort to implement an audit system throughout the whole platform but we don't have this at the moment. The instance logs are potentially helpful in this regard but they are not designed for this and finding the information for this purpose is quite complicated and not really feasible.